Preparation and Maintenance of Football Goal Keeper Gloves
Check the following steps for maintenance of football goal keeper gloves to keep it for longer period.
- While procuring the gloves get the gloves at correct size, which fits in your hand correctly.
- You should know your palm latex and weather conditions in which you are going to play, before procuring the gloves.
- You should find out the correct balance for the best gripping power before match starts to avoid wearing sponges.
- Do not practice with gloves that has been procured especially for game. Always have two pairs one for match and other for practice.
- Always clean the gloves after match.
Steps involved in cleaning process are
- Use luke warm water to wash your gloves.
- Water has to be squeezed out gently.
- You can use a detergent that is very mild, if you feel it is necessary.
- Dry it by hanging. (Caution : Do not dry by using dryers, in the sun or dehumidifiers)
- Do not keep your gloves in bag just like that after game and open them for next game. Clean it before keeping in the bag.
- If your match is tomorrow do not wash the gloves using water.
- Don’t leave your gloves with dirt and sweat because it will stink and fungus will be formed if it is left without cleaning.
- Your gloves should not left for drying with palms together of the gloves, it can stick and rip when gloves are tried to separate.